(Note: Lauren is the keeper of this meme now, but I jump in once in a while.)I have a confession to make. The third largest playlist on my iTunes/iPod is the 70s playlist, currently at just over 200 songs. The biggest is a playlist I call "Vox," with 500+ songs featuring jazz and pop vocals; and the second largest is the dance music playlist.
I can’t help it. I grew up during the 70s, so the music from the radio of that era is kind of the soundtrack of my early childhood. For some reason I haven’t been able to discern, I’ve been listening to that playlist a lot more for the past week. If I had to guess, it might be that something about being the parent of an almost-three-year-old — who, by the way seems to be getting bigger and smarter every day — has me thinking about my own childhood.
Anyway, for what it’s worth, here’s a random ten from my 70s playlist.
- "The Joker" – Steve Miller Band
- "Hotel California" – The Eagles
- "Chuck E.’s in Love" – Rickie Lee Jones
- "At 17" – Janice Ian
- "I’m Not in Love" – 10cc
- "Boogie Wonderland" – Earth, Wind & Fire and Emotions
- "You Make Me Feel Like Dancin’" – Leo Sayer
- "Sweet Thing" – Rufus & Chaka Kahn
- "Right Back Where We Started From" – Maxine Nightengale
- "Slip Slidin’ Away" – Paul Simon