OK. I admit it. This meme is a easy way to get something posted on a Friday when I’m particularly busy. And since the blog was broken most of the morning, nothing got posted, and I’m probalby not going to post until much later today, I’m totally falling back on this meme.
Besides, it’s also kind of revealing if people participate.
The thing about the iPod is, it’s what you bring to it.
“If a song represents a memory in your head, then you listen to your life’s memories — faster than a mixed CD, definitely faster than a mixed tape — as you listen to your iPod,” says the affable, fast-talking Berkowitz, a project manager for a software company, as he sits in his downtown Washington office.
“It becomes an extension of you,” he says. “It’s like a window to your soul.”
Everywhere, at all times, it’s with you, this personal narrative of who you are and what you’ve been.
OK. Maybe I’m reachign a bit for justification here, but how often have you wondered what other people are listening to on their MP3 players? You gotta admi, this meme has a kind of “show me yours and I’ll show you mine” vibe to it.
So, old timers know the deal. For “virgins”, this is how we do it.
- Rev up your MP3 player of choice.
- Put your whole collection on shuffle.
- list the first ten songs that play.
I’ll go first. Here’s mine:
- Spririt in the Dark – The Blind Boys of Alabama
- Love’s Divine – Seal
- Speak Low – Barbara Streisand
- Dream Songs of Love – Sweet Honey in the Rock
- Norah Jones – Come Away with Me
- Cyberaga – Madonna
- I’m Not in Love – 10cc
- My Flame – Vanessa Williams
- I Didn’t Know About You – Diana Krall
- What’s New – Billie Hoilday
Show yours in the comments or on your journal/blog with a link back here if you wanna play.